Saturday, June 4, 2011

Avocado Salad/Santa Barbara Farmer's Market

Well, we made it to Santa Barbara!

However, our stuff has not :(. But it should arrive by next weekend, at which point I hope to get back to more regular posting. Until then, I'll try to post about some of the awesome restaurants we've been eating at.

We haven't been able to cook really anything, as the only utensils I have are plastic. And we only have one bowl and two coffee cups to eat out of.

But we did venture down to the Farmer's Market today, which was amazing, and I picked up the ingredients for guacamole. The avocados weren't quite ripe enough to mash with my plastic fork, so instead I left the pieces in chunks. I added some diced baby heirloom tomatoes, white onion, and lots of fresh lemon juice, and viola, we had a really yummy salad that we ate with flax seed chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment