Monday, July 12, 2010

Vegan Crockpot Curry

This was really simple and tasty. The recipe I used only called for one can of coconut milk, but that wasn't enough liquid so I added some vegetable broth. However, I wanted the curry to taste more coconutty, so I recommend using two cans of coconut milk. You can basically use whatever combination of veggies, toppings, and spices you like, but I'll list the ingredients I used below.



Ingredients
-1 14 oz can garbanzo beans
-2 13.5 oz cans coconut milk
-2/3 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
-1 zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
-1 red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
-2 small sweet potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
-1 onion, cut into bite sized pieces
-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
-3 T tomato paste
-2 T curry powder
-1 tsp cumin
-several dashes hot sauce
-1.5 inch knob of ginger, grated
-salt and pepper
-green onion and cilantro for garnish (optional)
-brown rice (to serve curry on)

Steps
1. Mix the coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, garlic, hot sauce, and cumin together in a large crock pot.
2. Stir in your veggies. Heat on low for about 6 hours (or high for about 3 hours), or until sweet potatoes are done to your liking.
3. Serve with rice.


2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the first to note that your photos are looking mighty awesome ...

    ReplyDelete