Friday, June 25, 2010

Low-fat chicken salad

I'm finally back in Tallahassee, and plan to get back to regular posting. However, I thought I'd start with a simple, easy post to get things going. My Aunt Nan made this delicious chicken salad for my shower. This comes together really quickly and is great for lunches.

Ingredients:
-2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
-1 8oz container of plain yogurt (Greek yogurt would also probably be good)
~2 big handfuls seedless red grapes, cut in half
~6 stalks of celery, chopped into small pieces
~1 handful of chopped pecans (or walnuts)
-salt and pepper to taste
-whatever bread you prefer

Steps:
1. Cook your chicken breasts (I usually season mine and then grill on my Foreman) and cut up into bit size pieces.
2. Combine with remaining ingredients.
3. Chill in refrigerator before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment