Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chicken Parm Shells

They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well lately my schedule has been super crazy (hence the lack of posting). I was in serious need of some groceries, but didn't really have time to go to the store. Instead, I dug around my pantry and came up with this super easy recipe. Best part: only 4 ingredients!


Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings)
-10 pasta shells
-1/2 jar of marinara
~4 oz of mozzarella
-10 frozen chicken nuggets (I used the vegetarian Morning Star Farm kind)
-fresh basil (optional)

(Preheat oven to 375)
Steps
1. Cook frozen nuggets as directed on package.
2. While nuggets are cooking, boil water and cook pasta shells as directed (about 8 minutes).
3. Coat a small pan with EVOO or cooking spray and pour some marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan. Put one nugget in each shell, top with cheese.

4. Top each shell with a heaping spoonful of sauce.
5. Heat in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
6. Top with basil.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of this. I'm going to have to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete