Monday, October 26, 2009

1-Pot Wonder Vegetarian Chili


First, I have to thank my friend, Tracy (who incidentally is also the Mukie creator), for this recipe. As the name implies, this veggie chili is super easy. It's also very flavorful, and I've duped meat-eaters into thinking it was actually made with ground beef.

Dump the following into a crockpot:
-1 12oz packet fake meat crumbles (e.g., Morningstar Farms or Boca Crumbles; these can usually be found in the frozen food sections near the vegetarian options)
-1 can black beans
-1 can corn
-1 can diced tomatoes (I use the kind with jalapenos)
-1 jar of salsa (use Hot for added kick if you want)
-1 jar of water (use the salsa jar to measure)
-3 tsp garlic
-1/2 packet taco seasoning
-1 diced onion (optional)
-2 T diced jalapenos (optional)

Cook on low for 5-6 hours and serve with a dallop of sour cream. (Can also top with cilantro, cheese, and tortilla chips.) This is even better the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Awww - glad to see my recipe get featured. Although I have to take issue with you Texans putting corn in everything ;-)

    ReplyDelete