Monday, April 25, 2011

Mary Lou's Cinnamon Peach Cobbler

I got this super simple recipe for peach "cobbler" from my aunt, Mary Lou. As I've mentioned before, I'm not big into baking, so for me to bake something it has to be super simple. This totally fits the bill.


Ingredients
-Two 28oz cans of peach slices, reserve liquid from one can
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 box yellow cake mix
-3/4 Cup butter, melted
-vanilla ice cream (optional...but so worth it :)

Steps
1. Put peaches and about half of the packing liquid from one can in the bottom of cobbler pan (13 X 9).  Add vanilla, cinnamon, and stir.
2. Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top - do not stir! Also, try not to let the peaches peek through the cake mix.
3. Drizzle melted butter all over top.
4. Bake at 375 for about an hour, until golden on top.
5. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment