Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lemon Basil Egg Salad

Much to my fiance's chagrin, every now and then I make egg salad (he thinks it's gross and smelly...I think it's comforting and yummy). This weekend I got a craving for it, and was pleased to see that we already had all the ingredients to make it on-hand--except dill. So I looked around and decided I would try subbing basil, seeing as my basil plants could use some trimming. I also added some lemon juice, onion, pickles, mustard, and crumbled bacon, and I have been happily munching on the super tasty end result for the past few days. See below for more detailed recipe.


Ingredients
-5 hard boiled eggs
-3-4 T red onion, finely diced
-4 pieces cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
-2 T mustard
-3-4 T pickles (I highly recommend the bread and butter kind)
-2 T fresh basil
-1.5 T lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste

Steps
1. Hard boil your eggs. I assume there are many ways, but I usually add my eggs to a pot of water, bring the water to a boil, then I turn off the heat, cover the eggs, and let them sit in the water for about 20 minutes. Then, I rinse them under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
2. Dice your eggs and place in a medium sized bowl.

3. Chop up your pickles, onion, basil, and bacon and add to bowl.

4. Stir in mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
5. Serve on toasted bread with some lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment