Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chicken salad-esque sandwiches

This recipe came together when I decided I wanted to clean out my fridge before going to the grocery store. I had about a 1/3 of a bag of spinach, one carrot, half a white onion, and a package of firm tofu, and I figured I could mix them all together with some veganaise, mustard, nutritional yeast, and garlic salt for a kind of tofu salad. The end result was surprisingly good, crunchy, and flavorful, and somewhat approximates chicken salad.



Ingredients
-1 package firm tofu, drained and pressed with paper towels to remove excess water
-1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
-1/3 bag of baby spinach, roughly chopped
-1/2 white onion, diced
-2 T veganaise
-1.5 T spoonfuls Dijon mustard
-2 T nutritional yeast
-garlic salt to taste

Steps
1. Combine above ingredients and serve on toasted bread.

1 comment: