Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vegan Spinach Kugel

This is another tasty recipe, which my friend Kelly recommended, from the Veganomicon. The dill and lemon give this dish a really fresh taste.

Ingredients
-30 oz of frozen spinach (I probably only used about 20 or so)
-10 or 11 broken up lasagna noodles (recipe calls for 3 cups)
-1 C bread crumbs
-1 small onion, diced
-12 oz extra firm silken tofu (I couldn't find extra firm silken, so I just used silken)
-1 C vegetable broth
-2 T EVOO
-2.5 T lemon juice
-1/4 C chopped fresh dill
-3/4 t salt
-1/2 t pepper

Steps
1. Thaw your spinach and get as much water out as you can.
2. Boil your noodles as directed on package.

3. While noodles are cooking, combine tofu, vegetable broth, and oil in food processor and blend till smooth.

4. Mix tofu mixture with bread crumbs in a large bowl.
5. Add spinach, dill, onion, salt, pepper, and lemon and mix well.




6. Once noodles are done, add them in with spinach mixture and mix well. I used my hands.

7. Press mixture into a 13X9 dish coated with cooking spray.
8. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe was delicious! I found that I needed to double the amount of pasta I used (I was make enough for a lot of people) because the ratios were a bit off but so so yummy!

    ReplyDelete