Tuesday, April 6, 2010

German Potato Salad

In theory, I like potato salad; however, I HATE mayonnaise, so I almost never eat it. I found this sans-mayo recipe, and thought it was really tasty. It's supposed to be served warm, but I served mine room temp, and have been eating the leftovers cold.
 
Ingredients
-3 lbs red potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
~8 slices turkey bacon
-1 sweet onion, diced
-1 bunch green onion, chopped
-3/4 C apple cider vinegar
-1/4 C canola oil
-salt & pepper

Steps
1. Boil your diced potatoes in salted water until tender (about 15 minutes). Once potatoes are done cooking, strain and put in a large bowl.
2. Cook bacon. Once done cooking crumble bacon.
3. Cook diced onion in bacon drippings (I had to add a tad bit of EVOO) for about 3 minutes. Whisk in cider and oil and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Pour vinaigrette over potatoes. Fold in bacon and green onion and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment