Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dinkfast

That's right, Dinkfast. You know, breakfast for dinner.
Absolutely nothing new here, except perhaps, the name. And I must credit my friend, Seth, for coming up with the oh-so-clever name.
We like making dinkfast for lots of reasons: it's easy, it's delicious, and we're very unlikely to actually make a full breakfast in the morning.

Anyhow, as you can see we:
1) Cooked hash browns


2) Fried eggs


3) Made pancakes


If we're feeling really industrious, we might even make turkey bacon too.

And here's the finished product. (Note: I did not eat all those pancakes myself.)


Note #2: a successful dinkfast is a two person job. I get the hash browns started first, and let cook for about 5 mins. Then I take over egg frying duty, while Jonathan makes the pancakes. We warm the oven and keep the cooked pancakes and eggs on a plate inside the oven so they stay hot.

5 comments:

  1. Umm, now I know what I'm having for dinner. Mmmmmmmmm pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute!
    When I first read the title I thought it would be something a little kid with a speech impediment would say if they threw a basketball at your head
    "Dink fast!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm... For someone who complains about others taking credit without properly crediting the original source - I believe you got the term "dinkfast" from a certain someone else.

    ReplyDelete