Thursday, October 29, 2009

Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups



I got this recipe, which I tweaked a bit (basically by adding more of the spices and herbs), from Cooking Light. These turned out to be really flavorful, and have almost zero fat.

Ingredients:
~1.25 lbs of ground turkey (you can sub tofu to make it vegetarian)
~12 medallions of ginger, finely diced
-1 bunch of green onions, chopped
~3 heaping T of mint, chopped
~3 heaping T of cilantro, chopped
~1 T diced jalepeno (I wish I would have added more)
~2.5 T ketchup (recipe called for fish sauce, but I've found ketchup works fine as a substitute)
-2 T brown sugar
~3 T EVOO (recipe called for 2 T EVOO, and 1 T dark sesame oil, but I didn't have dark sesame oil)
-Head of Napa cabbage (I couldn't find this so I used Romaine, which worked fine)

Steps:
1. Chop up all your herbs.




2. Brown turkey with ginger in a pan for ~7 mins. Break turkey up into small pieces with back of spoon while browning.
3. Add turkey to large bowl.










4. Mix in all other ingredients (except lettuce)










5. Spoon turkey mixture into lettuce cups.

2 comments:

  1. I made a version of this, but using ground chicken and in the crock put. It was really good and we served it over rice the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these tonight. Excellent! Will add this one to the arsenal!

    ReplyDelete