Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pork Chops and Warm Spinach Salad with Soy-Butter Glaze



This recipe comes together in 30 minutes or less. I did the pork chops a bit differently than I normally do. Previously, I actually stuffed them with the apple-raisin mixture, but that was kind of a pain so this time I just put the "stuffing" on top, and I actually preferred them this way.

The spinach salad is one of the few things I've totally made up myself, hence the kind of ridiculous name. I don't think you're supposed to call mixing soy sauce and butter together a "glaze" but...whatever.


Pork chop ingredients:
-4 boneless pork chops
-4 T honey mustard (or Dijon if you prefer)
-2 T raisins
-1/2 an apple, diced
~12 Ritz crackers, crushed
-1 T brown sugar
-salt&pepper

Warm Spinach Salad with Soy-Butter Glaze Ingredients
-2/3 package fresh spinach
-1 medium sized red onion, finely sliced
~3 T butter or margarine (I use the fake yogurt butter)
~3 T soy sauce

Steps:
1. Crush Ritz, add raisins, apple, brown sugar, and mustard. Mix in an oven safe bowl and heat in oven (until everything else is ready) at about 200.




2. Lightly baste pork with mustard and sprinkle with salt&pepper. Grill for about 15 minutes or until done.










3. While pork is grilling, caramelize your red onion (saute over medium to medium-high heat for about 5-7mins).










4. Once onions are slightly brown, turn heat on the stove OFF. Dump half the bag of spinach into your pan, add butter and soy sauce and begin tossing. The heat from the pan and onion will begin to wilt the spinach. For this salad you only want the spinach barely wilted, so if it starts cooking down too much, remove pan from heat.










5. Once spinach begins to wilt, add another handful or two of spinach and continue tossing. Although it looks like you're making a lot, this salad is SOOO good that I could eat the whole pan.










6. Top pork chops with apple-raisin mixture and serve.

1 comment:

  1. GG- I think your identity has been given away by your first picture there with your name on your spoon! Better get you a 'GG' spoon.

    ReplyDelete