Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cookies (aka Mukies)















First, I have to thank my good friend, Tracy, for this amazing recipe. There are literally 3 ingredients to make pure deliciousness. They sort of taste like muffin tops but bake like cookies, hence the nickname "mukie." Best of all, there's no oil or eggs, so they're actually pretty healthy (or so I tell myself when I'm on #5...).

Ingredients:
-1 spice cake mix
-1 can 15 oz canned pumpkin
-cream cheese frosting
-cinnamon (optional)











Steps:
1. Mix cake mix and canned pumpkin, until batter is moist.














2. Spoon on to greased cookie sheet. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.










3. Bake for 12 mins at 350. Test to see if they're done by sticking a knife in. They may still seem a little squishy, but if the knife comes out clean, they're done.
4. Let cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting.
5. Top with cinnamon if you want.

Note: I recommend cooking these on the top rack of the oven.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THESE! I'm going to *try* a thinner frosting that I can make cool patterns with (aka drizzle over in designs) and I'll let you know how that goes. It probably won't work, but I feel like being creative. And the people at work are requesting these of me this year btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! yes, let me know how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm moo-kies & milk!

    ReplyDelete