Monday, October 26, 2009

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies



I got the recipe for these tasty (and in my mind, healthy) cookies from my good friend, Lauren. Although they were much better when she made them, they still turned out pretty well for me. Also, as many of you know, I'm not much of a baker, so in order for me to even attempt baking the recipe has to be easy, which this is.

1. Combine dry ingredients (1 C oats, 3/4 C flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt) in medium sized bowl.











2. Combine 3/4 C brown sugar and 1/4 C softened butter (I used margarine) in large bowl. Mix with a mixer for about 2 minutes.










3. Add 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla, and mix.










4. Add dry indredients and stir with a spoon until batter is moistened.









5. Stir in ~1/2 C heath pieces.
6. Place dough on greased cookie sheet (I was able to make 18 cookies) and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. (Check them after 8 minutes...mine were done then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment