Monday, March 29, 2010

Brussels Sprouts

I always thought these were tasteless, stinky, nasties that only my grandparents and patrons of Luby's Cafeteria ate until I recently had them at my friend Lauren's house. The way she prepared them they were slightly crisp and very flavorful, and I fully agree with her that these are like tasty little cabbages. I even got my fiance to eat several after he had sworn he wouldn't be trying them. I will definitely be making more of these as they were super easy and still good heated up in the microwave the next day.
Ingredients:
-1 package Brussels sprouts (probably about 30 Brussels), with the brown bottoms trimmed off
-2.5 T EVOO
-salt and pepper to taste

Steps:
(preheat oven to 400)
1. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Place in a baking pan, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts are browned on the outside, tender on the inside, but still slightly crisp. Remove pan from oven 2-3 times while cooking and shake sprouts so that all sides get browned.
2. Add more salt at the end if you'd like...I made mine nice and salty like French fries.



No comments:

Post a Comment