Friday, June 24, 2011

Grad Gastronomy Update!

Apologies for the long hiatus.

Here's the story of what's been going on and what's planned for the future.

My husband and I recently moved to California from Florida. He took a post-doc in Santa Barbara and I'm starting my year-long internship in San Diego. This means we have to live apart, which is going to be really hard. But the bright side is that we're both going to be living in amazing cities. Both cities have superb farmers' markets and access to super fresh seafood, so I'm excited to get back into cooking and posting. However, I'm going to be living alone most of the time, which means I'm now cooking for one...which will be an adjustment. (My first meal I made our regular size and was eating off of it for 3 days.) To avoid getting complacent or lazy since I'm mostly going to be cooking for me I'm going to really try to emphasize recipes that feature trips to the farmers' market (San Diego has one almost every day). I think it will be a nice personal project and hopefully lead to some recipe inspiration. Additionally, I'll try to keep featuring some "reviews" of the places we visit in both cities.

So, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't get complacent like me. :) Maybe your trips/recipes will inspire me to stop being lazy and cook more!

    P.S. Cali sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete