Thursday, June 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Apple Smoothie

I got back from a run and was really wanting a smoothie, but I was fresh out of bananas, which I have been using to make this smoothie. I had an apple, and thought, "I like peanut butter on apples and I like smoothies, so why not try to combine the two?" I did and it was yummy.


Ingredients
-1 apple (I used Fuji), cut into about 8 pieces (I left the peel on)
-1 T peanut butter
-1/2 C almond milk (or whatever dairy/non-dairy product you prefer)
-4 ice cubes
-pinch of cinnamon

Steps
1. Blend first four ingredients, then top with a couple dashes of cinnamon.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great idea, I combined it with some protein power and it was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i topped it with a few chocolate chips and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I will have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete